Part of what makes the Clearwater Valley so special is the fresh air we get to breathe on a daily basis. However, that fresh air is in jeopardy in the winter months due to our increasing use of wood to heat our homes.
In an effort to provide the community with information about how to burn cleaner and lower heating costs in the process, we have developed the following list of resources for more information on air quality and wood stoves.
- Air Quality Standards
- Health Effects of Breathing Wood Smoke
- Wood Stoves Fact Sheet
- The Truth about Older Wood Stoves
- Wood Burning FAQs
- Responsible Wood Burning Fact Sheet
- Tips for Burning a Cleaner Fire - EPA
- EPA-Certified Wood Burning Fact Sheet
The following are wood stove retailers in Missoula, Montana.